Black Pepper and Sesame Sea Scallops

Black Pepper and Sesame Sea Scallops.

You must try these.

No no no! No arguing. Just sear them, serve them over a bed of spring greens and Crispy Kale Chips, and devour them while you float away on the that wispy cloud of aroma that is sweetly escaping these buttery medallions of the sea.

Am I making you hungry?

I kinda hope so… Because I’m making me hungry, and I don’t want to be hungry all alone!

These scallops are a little bit sweet, a little bit salty, and a whole lotta delicious. Simple, quick, healthy, mouth-watering. Who could ask for anything moooooore?!

Black Pepper and Sesame Sea Scallops

• 6 Jumbo Sea Scallops
  • 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 2 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
  • 1 tsp Black Sesame Seeds
  • 1 tsp White Sesame Seeds
  • Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste

Sprinkle with sesame seeds and grind black pepper on top.

You can thank me later.

• 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 2 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
  • 1 tsp Black Sesame Seeds
  • 1 tsp White Sesame Seeds
  • Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
Instructions
  1. In a small bowl or glass, mix together Olive Oil and Soy Sauce. Pour over scallops, generously dousing each one. Allow them to sit in the sauce and marinate for 5-10 minutes.
  2. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and grind black pepper on top.
  3. Place onto a heated skillet over medium/high heat, pour excess sauce on top and sear for 1-2 minutes on each side. Serve hot over spring greens and Crispy Kale Chips. Wipe drool from chin and consume immediately.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

16 Responses to “Black Pepper and Sesame Sea Scallops”

1. March 16, 2012 at 9:23 am #

Wow, those are gorgeous! I just bought some black sesame seeds for another recipe and wondered what I was going to do with a whole jar of them. Looks like I found my answer!

2. March 16, 2012 at 10:14 am #

I have not thought to put sesame seeds on my scallops before. Why not? After all I am living in Asia… when in Rome…. you know how the rest of that goes… I can just picture how they are soft on the inside and caramelized on the outside. Take Care, BAM

3. March 16, 2012 at 1:59 pm #

YUM – thanks for sharing! Have a Great Weekend:)

4. March 16, 2012 at 3:23 pm #

This looks amazing! Maybe I will attempt it soon. I am always afraid to cook scallops because I overcook them.

• March 16, 2012 at 4:41 pm #

Yes! The trick with scallops (and a lot of fish, too) is to sear them and never let them “fully” cook in the pan. Fish and seafood tend to cook quickly, and they continue to cook even after they’re removed from the heat. I’ve noticed how easy it is to overcook scallops and salmon especially!

5. March 16, 2012 at 5:09 pm #

These look perfectly delicious

6. Patti Ayling
    March 18, 2012 at 7:15 pm #

Can’t wait to try this, sounds delicious, and low cal!

7. March 23, 2012 at 5:26 pm #

What a delicious way to prepare scallops! They look absolutely mouthwatering and super flavorful. Thanks for sharing! Also, I’m having a great giveaway today with four potential prize winners, so you should enter!

8. March 26, 2012 at 10:53 am #

A simple, beautiful and elegant scallop preparation…which looks delicious and like one I will try for all of those reasons!

9. yoyi77
    April 11, 2012 at 12:23 am #

I love scallops and sesame seeds, it looks perfect. This is definetly worth a try. Thank you for sharing!

• April 26, 2012 at 3:33 pm #

10. July 18, 2012 at 8:02 pm #

This looks awesome, I’m definitely going to try this!

11. January 1, 2013 at 8:52 pm #

Oh my word I love scallops! This recipe moves to the top of my must-try list.

• Rachel
      January 2, 2013 at 3:13 pm #

Scallops are one of the ocean’s most delicious treasures :) Make sure you get the jumbo ones! They’re so thick and extra sweet :)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Asian Inspired Sesame Sea Scallops with Zuchini Pasta | feedthedianimal - April 3, 2012

[...] Black Pepper and Sesame Sea Scallops (Original Recipe Here) [...]

2. Fuel the Body. Feed the Soul. | Peel - May 13, 2012

[...] I didn’t use the scallop recipe on the blog, I was inspired to go out and buy some for tonight’s dinner. Purchasing jumbo [...]

Rate this recipe: