Caprese Sliders

Caprese Sliders

Simple, adorable, refreshing, and always a hit. If you’re being inundated with holiday parties and you want something quick, but totally awesome, to bring or serve as an appetizer, these little Caprese Sliders are it.

Personally, I don’t know a single person that doesn’t love a good Caprese salad. And I just love these little guys because they really do look so cute, they’re a perfect size, and they’re very light. They’re the perfect little appetizer and they won’t impact your waistline ;) And they’re featured in Episode 3!

Caprese Sliders

• 20 Cherry Tomatoes
  • 1 Large Fresh Mozzarella Ball
  • 20 Leaves Fresh Basil
  • Balsamic Reduction (for garnish)
  • 20 toothpicks

Cut the Mozzarella into 1/4 inch slices. You can cut the pieces into small squares if you wish, but to achieve the small round pieces, I used the cap of a water bottle as the perfect little cookie cutter. Create 20 circles of cheese.

(I have High School Musical playing on TV in the background. It’s helping get my get my get my get my head in the game)

5.0 from 1 reviews
Caprese Sliders

Prep time
Total time

Adorable, light, and refreshing, these healthy tomato sliders make the perfect recipe for any party.
Author:
Recipe type: appetizer
Serves: 20
Ingredients
  • 20 Cherry Tomatoes
  • 1 Large Fresh Mozzarella Ball
  • 20 Leaves Fresh Basil
  • Balsamic Reduction (for garnish)
  • 20 toothpicks
Instructions
  1. Cut the tomatoes in half through the center perpendicular to the stem side of the tomato. Set aside.
  2. Cut the Mozzarella into ¼ inch slices. You can cut the pieces into small squares if you wish, but to achieve the small round pieces, I used the cap of a water bottle as the perfect little cookie cutter. Create 20 circles of cheese.
  3. One by one, place the stem side of the tomato down, a leaf of basil on top (if the leaves are big you can fold them or cut them to fit), a circle of mozzarella on top of the basil, then the other half of the tomato on top of that and secure by sticking a toothpick through the center.
  4. Drizzle a plate or platter with balsamic reduction and arrange Caprese Sliders as you wish on top. Store them covered in the fridge.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

17 Responses to “Caprese Sliders”

1. Bindy Woerner
    December 5, 2012 at 11:08 am #

I love your recipes, but would prefer that you keep the recipe on one sheet of paper so that when I make a copy, it’s all on one sheet. Or better yet, can be printed on a recipe card.

• Rachel
      December 5, 2012 at 2:00 pm #

Thank you for your feedback :) I added the “easy recipe” plug-in that formats my recipes for me at the bottom of each page and makes them conveniently printable. Unfortunately, some recipes are just too long to fit onto one page or a recipe card, but if I do find a solution for you I’ll be sure to let you know ;)

2. Gail
    December 5, 2012 at 11:30 am #

Great Idea Rachel! We will try it today. Gail

• Rachel
      December 5, 2012 at 2:01 pm #

Great! I hope you love them :)

3. December 5, 2012 at 7:24 pm #

These little bites are adorable and so easy to make! I really love the look of your new website format and easy to read recipes cards and your new banner…great job! Take Care, BAM

• Rachel
      December 6, 2012 at 8:25 am #

Thank you, Bam! Trying to keep it fresh, always ;)

4. December 7, 2012 at 4:00 pm #

They look irresistible! I usually chow down on the big slabs of mozzarella and the beefsteak tomatoes – now I’m really in trouble. I’ll be popping those things in my mouth left and right!

• Rachel
      December 7, 2012 at 8:29 pm #

Oh man, when whoever decided to put tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil together, they just made the world a better place. And having them in “slider” form definitely makes it easier to indulge! I hope you enjoy!

5. December 10, 2012 at 8:00 am #

Perfect appetizer that is always popular. Very imaginative using a bottle cap for a cutter.

• Rachel
      December 10, 2012 at 10:19 am #

Thank you :) Cutting them into little squares always works, too, but I liked the idea of the cheese being circular in the tomato. Then it looks like a little burger patty ;)

6. December 22, 2012 at 1:44 am #

I LOVE these! They are so cute and clever and will definitely be making an appearance in my kitchen this Christmas.

• Rachel
      December 29, 2012 at 5:29 pm #

Thank you :) I hope you enjoy them. So simple, yet so pleasing at the same time!

7. rupa
    January 29, 2014 at 10:50 am #

Where do you get the balsamic reduction? And how do you drizzle the balsamic on there so nicely?

• January 30, 2014 at 8:50 am #

This particular brand is Mandarano and can be found at mandarano.com. You can usually find some brand of balsamic reduction at your local grocery store where the other balsamics are kept. It comes in a squeeze bottle, so the drizzle effect is perfect every time.

8. June 28, 2014 at 2:06 pm #

Can these be made a day in advance? I’m serving them at a baby shower.
    Thank you!

• June 28, 2014 at 4:34 pm #

Yes they can, as long as you keep them in a sealed container in the fridge or cover tightly with plastic wrap (again, in the fridge)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks