Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Drops

Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt DropsPeanut Butter Frozen Yogurt DropsI don’t know about you, but I’m constantly on the lookout for a little something healthy to nibble on. Preferably something high protein and low carb, without needing to cook. I just want something readily available that I can grab a few of, juuuuuuuust to stave off my hunger for a while.

Otherwise, I’ll find that darned peanut butter jar and take little tiny bit by little tiny bit of it, until more than half the container is in my stomach before I even know what happened! Do you experience peanut butter black-outs like I do?

So, I saw these images of yogurt drops on Pinterest, made by just literally putting little blobs of  yogurt onto a baking sheet and freezing them. What a lovely idea! I had it on my mind for a while and then one day, I figured out a way to satisfy my peanut butter cravings but stay low fat, low sugar, high protein at the same time. By making peanut butter yogurt drops with Greek yogurt! So simple, quick, and tasty.

By making peanut butter only 1/4 of the recipe, it cuts down the fat and calories significantly, but it tastes SO peanut-buttery, it completely hits the spot with only a few as a treat.

Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt DropsPlus, I made them look super cute by using a star tip and a piping bag. Are they not the cutest little things? Trust me when I say, they are delicious!

Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Drops

• 3/4 Cup Greek Yogurt
  • 1/4 Cup Skippy Natural Peanut Butter
  • 2 tsp. Stevia
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
  • 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
  • Pinch of Sea Salt

In a food processor or blender, mix together all ingredients until smooth.

Place mixture into a piping bag, preferably one fitted with a star tip.

Eat them as a snack, a dessert, or just a quick little fix to stave off your hunger!

Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Drops

Prep time
Total time

Packed with peanut butter deliciousness, these Greek yogurt drops will satisfy your craving without hurting your waistline.
Author:
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 100
Ingredients
  • ¾ Cup Greek Yogurt
  • ¼ Cup Skippy Natural Peanut Butter
  • 2 tsp. Stevia
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
  • ¼ tsp. Cinnamon
  • Pinch of Sea Salt
Instructions
  1. In a food processor or blender, mix together all ingredients until smooth.
  2. Place mixture into a piping bag, preferably one fitted with a star tip.
  3. Line a baking sheet with wax paper, and squeeze dollops of the mixture out of the piping bag to be about the size of a large chocolate chip.
  4. Place dollop-covered baking sheet into the freezer for at least 30 minutes. You can then transfer the drops into a ziploc bag and keep them in the freezer.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

35 Responses to “Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Drops”

1. May 6, 2013 at 4:50 pm #

Ummm, this may be the best idea I’ve ever seen. Stealing! :)

• May 7, 2013 at 7:55 am #

Haha, I hope you enjoy them! ;)

2. May 6, 2013 at 5:24 pm #

First of all…these look and sound outrageous! I really need to make them…SOON! They are so pretty! Second…I’m thrilled to have found your site (via foodgawker)! My daughter is a pescetarian and well, we are not so much! You’ve got a great site!
    Caroline recently posted…5 Recipes for Cinco de MayoMy Profile

• May 7, 2013 at 7:54 am #

Thank you :) I hope you do get a chance to try them soon, they’re pretty darned tasty! (and bonus points for being so healthy). Your daughter is cool in by book ;)

3. Kylee
    May 6, 2013 at 7:00 pm #

These. Look. Ridiculous!!! But I am going to try these with almond butter because we have a peanut allergy in my home. Thank you for sharing!

• May 7, 2013 at 7:53 am #

Ooh, nice idea! I hope they taste as good with almond butter. I’m so sorry there’s a peanut allergy in your home… Peanut butter is such a source of awesomeness ;)

4. Andi
    May 7, 2013 at 1:20 pm #

This looks so good!!! You used plain (unsweetened) Greek yogurt?

• May 7, 2013 at 2:57 pm #

Yes, I used Fage 2% Plain Greek Yogurt :)

5. May 7, 2013 at 3:01 pm #

Thanks for posting these! I love it when someone posts a recipe and I have everything I need in my pantry/fridge! I made them with non-fat yoghurt, so when I mixed it it was too runny to make into shapes. I just froze the mixture for 30 mins before I made the dollops. Worked great! Now I just have to wait until they’re completely frozen… An hour never took so long!
    Daphne recently posted…Getting startedMy Profile

• May 7, 2013 at 4:08 pm #

If the non-fat yogurt is Greek style, it will still hold a nice shape because it’s so thick. But you’re right, regular yogurt is pretty runny. I hope they turn out well for you :)

6. Pam
    May 8, 2013 at 3:26 am #

Hi…was wondering if this recipe would work with Nutella instead of Peanut Butter? Would the proportions stay the same? Thanks for a great poxt!

• May 8, 2013 at 8:06 am #

As far as the consistency goes, yes, the proportions would stay the same. Flavor-wise, you may need to use half Nutella and half Greek Yogurt, since yogurt has that zinginess to it (you know what I mean?) that might make the Nutella get overpowered. You could always give it a try in a half batch and taste it before freezing it. Just adjust the amount according to taste, but remember the more Nutella, the more sugar and less protein in the snack ;)

7. May 10, 2013 at 3:21 pm #

Awesoem Idea. Definately worth a pin!
    Reba- Not So Perfect Life recently posted…Mothers Day Brunch Recipe Round-UpMy Profile

8. jules
    May 13, 2013 at 1:50 am #

Looks great! How much sugar should I use instead of 2tsp stevia? Thanks!

• May 13, 2013 at 12:07 pm #

You can use 2-3 tsp. of white sugar to replace the stevia. :)

9. May 15, 2013 at 12:31 pm #

Ah I just did a post on these! But never thought about doing peanut butter flavour – yum!!

Georgia recently posted…Some Seriously Guilt Free Snacking!My Profile

• May 28, 2013 at 3:43 pm #

The peanut butter flavor is double nice because the peanut butter makes them thick enough to be piped out into these cute little shapes :)

10. Kristin
    May 16, 2013 at 3:52 pm #

Hi,

These look yummy and quite versatile! I bet adding a bit of mashed banana would be really good added to these!

Thanks for sharing!
    Kristin

• May 28, 2013 at 3:42 pm #

That sounds delicious!

11. May 16, 2013 at 9:20 pm #

What a great idea! I’ll have to try this one.
    Beth recently posted…S’mores + Cake. Oh yes.My Profile

• May 28, 2013 at 3:42 pm #

I hope you like them :)

12. Stephanie
    June 4, 2013 at 2:30 pm #

Do you know how many carbs per serving and about how many pieces would be a serving? Diabetic here, so carbs are a must watch for me.

• June 5, 2013 at 8:13 am #

I entered it into a calorie calculator and if you were to make 100 drops from my ingredients, you would have 10 drops per serving. That would be 49 calories, 2 carbs, 3 grams of fat, 3 grams of protein, 1 gram of sugar per serving. Hope this helps :)

13. Bennie
    June 4, 2013 at 3:48 pm #

I bet these would make great popsicles too.

• June 5, 2013 at 8:16 am #

That’s a great idea!

14. Terra
    June 4, 2013 at 9:22 pm #

I am always on the look out for homemade treats for my kiddos. These like they will be tasty, healthy AND filling so they don’t keep saying ‘more,more,more!’ (Well they might, but at least they will be getting some good protein to fill them up!) I am excited to give them a try!

• June 5, 2013 at 8:15 am #

They are very tasty and surprisingly filling. I find that even eating only about 5 of them satisfy me :)

15. June 13, 2013 at 5:38 pm #

sounds like a great healthy snack!
    Dina recently posted…Lunch: TocquevilleMy Profile

• June 14, 2013 at 9:16 pm #

Cold and sweet, just how summer snacks should be :P

16. Donna
    July 2, 2013 at 3:33 pm #

OK, you got me. Gotta try these. To cut the fat, though, will try PB2 powdered peanut butter (that stuff is wunnnerful!)

• July 2, 2013 at 4:26 pm #

I have PB2! It is wonderful :) You’ll have to experiment, though, with how much to mix with the yogurt, because most of their thickness and ability to pipe into cute drops is because of the thickness of the peanut butter. Enjoy :)

17. cindy
    August 4, 2013 at 5:06 pm #

So I made these and they tasted terrible…I am wondering if you used a diferent kind of stevia than I did; I used liquid. Will try again, though…thanks.

• August 4, 2013 at 5:13 pm #

I used “Stevia in the Raw” powdered stevia. I’m not positive of the taste difference between the two, as I’ve never used liquid stevia. I do know that some people don’t like the taste of stevia in general, in which case you could substitute with regular sugar, agave, honey, or any other sweetener of your choice, the stevia option is just a no calorie, no added sugar sweetener option. I personally like these with no sweetener at all, which of course is another option you could try. I’m sorry you didn’t like them, but thank you for your feedback. I hope you’ll try them without sweetener or with a different form of sweetener. You could also try the Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Frozen Yogurt Drops which are sweetened only with bananas. :)

• August 4, 2013 at 5:16 pm #

Also, this may be a silly tip, but just in case, make sure you used 2 teaspoons of stevia and not 2 tablespoons. Too much stevia can really make things taste horrible.

18. October 11, 2014 at 2:29 pm #

Nutrition facts, and serving size??? They look wonderful! :)

Rate this recipe: