Blogs I Love
I always love knowing what blogs other bloggers read, so I thought I’d share just a few of my favorites with you. Watch out, because this list will continue to grow!
- With Style & Grace– The author of this blog, Lisa, and I actually went to high school together. She was even my mentor for cheerleading tryouts our junior year (it was a blast!). Her blog is full of fantastic recipes that are totally gluten-free and are as tasty as can be! Plus, she shares pictures of her unquestionably adorable new baby and the occasional blurb from her husband, Ben (whom I attended school with ever since we were wee ones in kindergarten!).
- Bam’s Kitchen– An international delight, Bam lives overseas and is always sharing really cool exotic recipes. I’m always excited to find out what she has in store!
- Yumbolicious– An Irish girl living in Australia (my roots!), these recipes are always clever and delicious and they always come with a funny story 🙂
- Sprinkle Bakes – This super talented lady comes up with these confectionary creations that are to-die-for! I am always floored by how perfect everything she bakes turns out. Plus, you’ll see a lot of cute pictures of an adorable pug who loves to get in on the creative action.
- Just A Smidgen– Speaking of super talented ladies: this one creates amazing recipes, shares awesome and clever craft ideas, and even paints and writes poetry. Seriously, is there anything she can’t do?
- How Sweet It Is– Funny story, I began reading this blog purely for the funny stories she tells. Her wild dessert ideas are nothing short of genius and her photographs get me salivating every time! I never even overlook a pork recipe because I love to read what she has to say.
- Sweetapolita– Master of cake decorating, holy cow. The colors she uses makes me think of Dr. Seuss, while her ability to decorate cakes and the like is just amazing. Ooh, ooh, it’s like that scene in Hook when they’re all gathered around the dinner table and Peter FINALLY sees the imaginary food. Bangerang!
- Rachel Cooks– One of the first blogs I started reading, her recipes are always great, her photos are wonderful, and she has a series called “Day in the LIfe” where she features other food bloggers. I’ve come across more great blogs that way!
- Steph’s Bite by Bite– Part of the reason I started following this blog was because Steph isn’t only a foodie sharing awesome recipes, but she’s also a runner and a fitness fanatic. Reading her blog has allowed me to fulfill my food photo cravings as well as keep me motivated to stay on my own fitness track.
- Eat Yourself Skinny– What’s cooler than a blog that focuses on light recipes and even breaks them down nutritionally? I don’t follow the Weight Watchers diet, but I know I can always rely on a lightened version of my favorites here (and if not, at least I can see the damage they’ll do with all the nutrition facts 😉 )
- Yes, I Want Cake– I also started reading this blog because I admired a fitness-focused woman who also wanted to share her love of food. She comes up with many healthy and delicious recipes as well as sharing photos of her adorable daughter and all of the cute little activities she gets into (spaghetti painting? How cool!)
- I Am Baker– The way she bakes images inside of cakes has always fascinated me. This is one of the first food blogs I ever started looking at. It inspired me to really really really want to decorate awesome cakes (like her rose cake), but I don’t know what I’d do with all that frosting!
- The Pescetarian Journal– A fellow pescetarian, this blog focuses on seafood and vegetarian meals (just like mine!) and pays close attention to the sustainability of the ingredients within each dish. I learn something new every time I visit!
- Baked Bree– This is actually the first food blog that I ever discovered! And funny enough, I found it while looking up Christmas images of doves and a decorated dove cookie showed up in my search. This is the blog that inspired me to start one of my own! And her recipes and photos are always stellar.